Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So Long Insecurity.

This past Saturday I was one of the 300,000 women across this nation that came together in one of the 8hundredsomething churches that hosted Beth Moore's stimulcast "So Long Insecurity." I was able to go with my mother, grandmother, and sister.



There was lots of emotions and adrenaline that I encounter going to any sort of conference or camp or experience like this. It's just exciting to be apart of the body of Christ and join together with women to deal with a topic that is so prevalent. It's exciting to be apart of worship and realizing that we are all in this together and I am not alone. At many points of the day, I wanted to cry. Lots of emotion.

I feel like in many ways I am the poster child for this book. I deal with issues of perfectionism (which is insecurity in an art form), not knowing how to forgive, bitterness, selfishness, body issues (Is there a women in this culture that doesn't have body issues?).

A few points from my notes:
*Insecurity is unbelief. Not believing God is who he says he is and not believing that I am who God says I am.
*She used Ephesians 4:17-5:1
*Her talk was based off an acronym for the word SECURE. (Which I kind of rolled my eyes when she first said it but then she explained that Psalms and Proverbs are written similarly.)
A secure women is.....
S-Saved from herself.
E-Entitled to truth.
C-Clothed with intention.
U-Upended by grace.
R-Rebounded by love.
E-Exceptional in life.
*The goal in all of this is to put off the former self and put on the new self. This takes intention and passion. It's a mental decision, put into action, and then the hope is through practicing the mental decision will eventually make its way into our hearts. It just doesn't happen instantly.
*I need to learn and remember hourly THAT I AM A DEARLY LOVED CHILD. And when we know we are loved, we can love.
*Are others worth what it would take to walk in security of Christ? (I'm sure my husband and son would appreciate it. They are not responsible for my security and neither are our friends or other family members.)

There was much more and I cannot do justice to her teaching. It was passionate and real and just so honest. She emphasized that this wasn't just another topic that she decided to do. She had been uncovering this for herself this past year and a half and as she uncovered it more and more she could see insecurity everywhere she went.

God used what happened on Saturday to bring his gospel to his children. There's a great blog post by her daughter that wraps it up so eloquently.

I would encourage every female to read this book. If you think you don't have insecurity, you will realize you do. It's just about being honest about what really goes on inside of our minds everyday and being proactive at trying to gain the freedom that God promises us as his children.

My Dear Sister

If Christ is Your Savior

You are the dwelling place

Of His own Spirit

You have it IN YOU

to be secure.

Every day of your life

You have a choice to make

You can live in your old defeat

Or you can turn from your unbelief

And choose life

Make up your mind

To put off the old you

And put on the new you.

Never, ever, ever forget

That the Lord is your security.

He will keep your foot

From being caught in a trap.

He will take care of you

To your very last breath.

Now, leave this place

And go out into the world

And act like a person

Who knows she’s dearly loved.

You were born to be exceptional.

So, Girlfriend, go forth

And walk worthy of your calling.

You are clothed in strength and dignity!

Now unto Him

Who can keep you from falling

Be glory and majesty

Power and authority

Through Jesus Christ our Lord

Now and forever more

Amen.

So Long, Insecurity!

My mom has a few pictures that I will try to get and put up later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment