Tuesday, August 24, 2010

WHOLENESS.

I had the blessing (and when I say blessing I mean it....such a gift to my soul) of attending a book club for So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore. I have talked about this book before and FEEL EVERY GIRL SHOULD READ THIS BOOK. You don't realize how insecure you really are until you read through the pages. SO SAD that so many of us live with this bondage and know one can really see it. Well actually with close examination it's pretty obvious at times.

ANYWAY....I feel so blessed that God has allowed this time of my life for such awakening and healing. I laid in bed the other night and was just so overwhelmed with gratefulness for just the awareness of my chronic insecurity and how I have learned to cope with it. I am far from being healed. My insecurity flails it's little head in the tiniest moments of my life. But at least I can stop in the moment and say "Okay...what is going on inside of me right now?" "How is my insecurity effecting my marriage...my family?" I have learned to be intentional about my choices in how I think about myself and how that plays out with others. And it's hard. I am honestly not good at it right now. But I pray for God's continue healing and work in the marrow of my soul.

You don't have to be a drug addict or a victim of sexual abuse or any other traumatic life experience to not be whole. We all have issues. We all have pain. LET'S DEAL WITH IT. And teach our children how to deal with it well.

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your WHOLE SPIRIT, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23

No comments:

Post a Comment