Sunday, December 26, 2010

Carter's Second Christmas

I really didn't know what to expect with Carter and opening gifts. I mean, he's one. But he enjoyed ripping the paper off gifts and seemed to act interested in the toys. I really think more than anything he just likes being with people. He enjoys the attention from both his mommy and daddy which is true anytime. He likes toys but they really get his attention when someone, particularly me, get down and play with him.  I think he enjoyed the social aspects more than anything. It's cute.

The biggest hit was his McQueen ride on toy.  He loved it. It's fun to see your kids have fun with stuff.

We went to three different family Christmases. (I can't imagine visiting 3 different sets of family with another baby. It was fun...but tiring and just work. So we'll see.) I'm excited for Christmas next year. Carter will be bigger.  I want to plan December out with little activities and really get into the Advent season more. I say this now...without a baby #2. But who knows. I have a lot of fun ideas.

I enjoyed our night at my parent's when we shared what we were thankful for and our prayer requests for the next year. It was authentic and real and honest. No fluff. It was a extremely meaningful way to end Christmas Eve.  My two prayer requests were not to lose the JOY of being a mommy. I regret different points in my life AND I don't want to just pass through motherhood.  ALSO that I would learn to deal with my stronghold of worrying about money. It tends to ruin things.

Today I am currently reorganizing our apartment with all the new toys and stuff. Also taking this opportunity to put the Christmas stuff away. Feels good. Took a load of stuff to the Goodwill. Got containers to organize Carter's toys. Laundry. The usual.

1 comment: