Friday, March 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Last night I was at dinner and noticed a teenage couple in a booth and I was reminded of what life was like when you didn't have to worry about things like school districts, and down payments, and interest rates, and Dave Ramsey, and 15 year loan vs 30 year loan,  and foreclosures, and apartment leases, and one year olds with weird rashes, and remembering to take prenatal vitamins, and copays, and insurances denying claims.

I guess that's what being a grown up is all about and why I had to start memorizing truth when I get overwhelmed with all of it. Kill that fear.  :)

The LORD God will guide you always. He will satisfy all your needs. In a sun scorched land he will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well watered garden. A spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11....that's from memory folks so it might not be perfect.

Do not worry about what you will eat or what you drink or about your body or what you will wear. Is life not more than food and your body more than clothes. Look at the birds of the air. They do not reap or sow or stow away in barns and your heavenly father watches over them. Are you not more valuable than they? Can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matthew 5:26-27...I think...again from memory. 

God has guided Casey and I since Day #1 of marriage.  So why do I doubt him? When I think about all the tiny, little details that have brought us to where we are, I am amazed. It's miraculous really. For instance, the one school that Plaza Motor Co will repay school loans for is UTI...the one random school my husband went to.

Not only has he guided us with things like money and education but he has also guided us in our mental and emotional well being. Mr. and Mrs. Eldridge have come along way since August 15, 2008. I'll speak for myself when I say that I am a different women since the day of our nuptials. Thank God.

So what's my problem? I guess my annoying control freak/perfectionist tendencies that come from insecurity...which is really just pride....which is really just big ol' fat SIN. Thank you Beth Moore for being the best counselor ever. 

Anyway...I'm rambling for fun. :) It's good to do that every now and then.



The whole point for the above rambling is to say that after a month or two of house hunting, I think that this is the perfect house for us....well depending on the price it goes back on the market for. We first put an offer on it the day we saw it. It was $114,000....STEAL....in West County...with a huge yard and potential and move in ready. (You won't believe some of the houses I have seen.) The garage was mechanic approved. The basement is a walkout. It's in good condition. No major structural or water leak problems.

Unfortunately the house was already on it's way to foreclosure. Boo. We didn't get it.  Today it is currently off the market but my secret agent spies (my parents) have noticed that it is currently empty. So now we are waiting for it to go back on the market so we can make another offer on it. Hopefully it will be at a price we want. :) Maybe even before the end of April when we have to give a 60 day notice to the apartment complex and before I have another baby boy. Wishful thinking. But it would be awesome.

I've been praying of course. My Dad told me to read Acts 17:28. It says, "for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.'

Bottom line: God is sovereign. He's got this. Relief.

I don't know if God cares about one or two bathrooms or walk out basements or not. I'm guessing no. He seems to be all about the heart and relationships. Wherever we move, it will hopefully be for his glory and for loving others. That seems like a better plan than worrying about how big the closests are.

Phew. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment