Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Guest Blogger: Casey Wiegand

Meet Casey Wiegand. I have been reading her blog for awhile and thought it would be fun to see what she would say about staying connected with her husband. You can visit her HERE.

staying connected as a couple with little ones and all that life brings.
Photobucket

Well, I will be the first to say it is work! I am married to my best friend and the love of my life, but that isn't always enough....you have to choose!

 I met Chris when I was 22 years old and fell in love with him fast. A good looking guy, charming, talented at everything, creative...Godly....he wants to marry ....me?!? Sign me up!!!

I took my vows on June 16 and can honestly say that I signed up for marriage with absolutely no idea what the true purpose of it was/is.

I was entitled, thought I deserved to be loved a certain way (okay I maybe still sometimes have to fight that)....I thought that it was every.day with the love of your life, candlelit gazebos and 100% pure romance and happiness.

:) don't you smile at the naivety.

Once I figured out that marriage was designed more-so to make us holy than happy....I actually wound up happier. 

It is funny how that works. 

Don't get me wrong it is still something I think we all have to choose daily.
It's not just a one time choice. It's a wake up every morning choice.

"Today I will be selfless, have zero expectations, love well....be slow to judge, choose forgiveness and laugh things off."

Then wake up and do it all over again.

I would love to say that Chris and I have a lot of date nights despite having two little kids and both being freelancers, but the truth is...we don't.

The things we do are more recognizing each other's love languages and daily trying to meet those needs. If your "love tank" is filled up daily you are good to go :)!

Chris' love language is 110% quality time. He wants to be with me every second....if he is running to home depot he wants me yelling "we'll meet you in the car"....if he is outside watering the yard, he wants me out there in a lawn chair. Because this isn't my love language, when we first got married I didn't get that. But I have since learned and do my best to meet that need!

Okay & let's be honest what girl out there doesn't want to feel special.....feel beautiful, unique.... cherished.

My guess is that after being married for awhile, after birthing children in front of these guys, having bad days in front of them, being sick in front of them...and the list goes on.... they look at us .....
well, not like they did on our second date.

This was devastating to me.

I want Chris to look at me everyday like it's the first time.

Well, that is a lot of pressure to put on a guy :).... so back to me trying to change. That is what I have learned to fight. (insert me saying I still fight this). 

Remembering to listen to what he tells me.... he loves me, I AM special, I AM unique....he actually loves me MORE now than he did on our second date.

it may not look the same as it did six years ago...but now...it's better.


He loves me well & has made all my dreams come true...couldn't ask for more than that!


I am a lucky girl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment