Monday, April 19, 2010

Nursery.

I feel like Carter is getting to the age where he needs a good room. His nursery has always been random, borrowed furniture. It has worked for us b/c we knew we would be moving and (might still move) and we didn't want to invest in furniture during all this transition time. But now that the little man is getting bigger and starting to play and notice things, I think we need to change up his room situation a little bit. Making it more interesting and fun for him. (Or maybe I just want to have fun??! Hmmmm.....)

So I had some store credit and found a good sale. And this is what we've got so far:

A fun, modern rocker.



















This crib. Turns into a daybed and a toddler bed. Nice clean lines. Bonus: Storage underneath and non-toxic.

















I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Other ideas:
  • Turn Casey's old car toys/baseball cards into wall art....somehow.
  • Where the Wild Things Are art (The book about boys I am reading "Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys" mentions this book as it describes the boy mind and their imaginations.)
  • a shelf for his books

No comments:

Post a Comment